About Dilmah Tea
"Now available to mainstream U.S. consumers, Dilmah Tea’s selection of the world’s finest single-origin, 100% pure Ceylon teas provides superior quality, freshness and taste. Discerning tea drinkers will notice the distinct difference in the first sip as this isn’t the multi-origin blend you get from other teas in stores. Fresh tea makes a difference and Dilmah Tea is the freshest because they package their tea within days of being handpicked in the tea fields. By packaging and shipping their tea straight from the tea field, Dilmah Tea is able to provide tea with higher antioxidant levels and better flavor than most found on the market today."
Dilmah is the world’s first ethically made tea and holds a unique position as a tea producer-owned, fully integrated family business. Dilmah is bringing to the U.S. market their Single Origin Pure Ceylon Green Teas, Single Origin Pure Ceylon Black Teas and Watte Single Estate Teas. Dilmah Tea’s product line includes the following varieties available in stores now:
Single Origin Pure Ceylon Green Tea. Fresher, richer and full of flavor, these teas bring the goodness of 100% pure Ceylon green tea in every cup.
- Natural Ceylon Green Tea - Pure and gentle Ceylon green tea, mild and lightly piquant.
- Ceylon Green Tea with Real Cinnamon - Pure Ceylon green tea, lightly spiced with pieces of natural cinnamon offering a touch of sweet spice. Aromatic and sophisticated.
- Ceylon Green Tea with Real Ginger - Pure Ceylon green tea with the sharp, spicy character of pieces of natural ginger. Invigorating and distinctive.
- Ceylon Green Tea with Natural Lemongrass - Pure Ceylon green tea, finely balanced with the lightly citrus, herbal character of natural Lemongrass. Mild and refreshing.
- Moroccan Mint Ceylon Green Tea - A sparkling brew of naturally reviving mint leaves and gentle Ceylon green tea.
Premium Single Origin Pure Ceylon Black Tea. These offer finely balanced richness, flavor, strength and aroma. From the central highlands of Sri Lanka, these black teas are perfect for everyday drinking and are reputed for their brightness and medium strength.
- Ceylon Supreme – The ultimate in unblended tea, Ceylon Supreme has a perfectly rounded living character and aroma.
- English Breakfast – The essence of Ceylon, a strong tea with a gentleness that is bordered by a firm character. Deep reddish brown in color.
- Irish Breakfast – The deep color of this tea is indicative of it’s extra strong flavor.
- Earl Grey – This full-bodied Ceylon tea features just a slight earthy character, beautifully balanced by the sweet floral bergamot flavor with just a hint of citrus.
Watte Single Estate Tea. Fortune Magazine observes that “Dilmah is taking a leaf from the wine industry” by producing tea from estates at a various elevations, resulting in “high-end and chic,” nuanced and quintessentially authentic flavors. From the dark, chocolately and robust Nilagama Estate tea grown at 800 feet, to the straw pale, exquisitely delicate tea from Lover’s Leap Estate at nearly 6,000 feet, each of the Single Estate varieties deliver a unique gourmet experience.
1. Nilagama Estate – Low grown - 800 feet above sea level. Dark brown, almost chocolatey, ripe tasting tea. Round tannins, full bodied, with a big structure and fleshy. Like cabernet sauvignon, this tea is grown on flat lands and lower altitudes with lots of sun. An authentic, suave and stately tea.
2. Doombagastalawa Estate – Mid grown - 3,300 feet above sea level. Dark golden brown with a biscuity taste. Medium bodied, deliciously dry and generous. Analogous to a syrah grown in warm but not hot climate areas, on steeper slopes facing the sun. A handsome and impeccable tea.
3. Somerset Estate - High grown – 4,600 feet above sea level. Medium brown with tints of orange. An almost savory taste. Fruity, exotic perfume with a 'balance' in taste from the ample tannins, strong but not brooding.† Comparable to a Pinot Noir wine made from grapes grown in cool climates. A tea that is delicate, radiant and elegant.
4. Lovers Leap Estate - High grown – 5,700 feet above sea level. Light brown-yellow with green nuances. Bright, breezy, effortlessly light and snappy yet with tannins of fortitude. Long lasting in aftertaste. Like Champagne made from cool climate grapes picked just before they get too ripe. An exquisite and alluring tea. (Lover’s Leap Estate)
You can purchase Dilmah Tea at Big Y, Stop & Shop, and Giant supermarkets or by ordering online at Dilmah.com, Teadog.com or Amazon.com.
Courtesy of Dilmah Tea I have 3 great gift sets to give away to three lucky readers!
One Grand prize winner: will win all thirteen varieties of Dilmah Tea ! $68 value
First runner up: Will win all 5 varieties of Green Tea. $20 value
Second Runner up: will win all 4 varieties of Black Tea. $16 value
To Enter: Browse Dilmah's Real Tea Boutique, then leave a comment here with which variety sparks your interest.
1.Follow @Angelasbits on twitter +1
2. Following this blog on friend connect +1
3. Blogging about this giveaway, and linking to this post and the sponsors site +3
4. Adding my Birthday Bash button to your blog +1
5. Commenting on any review post, from this site +1 (can only be done once)
6. Tweeting about this giveaway and/or the Birthday Bash event +1 (can be done daily)
Rules/Restrictions: This giveaway is open to U.S readers only. Giveaway will begin on December 4th and will conclude December 14th at 11:59 Est. You will have 48 hrs to respond to win notification or another winner will be selected in your place.
Disclosure: I have not received any form of compensation for this post. However, I have a upcoming review scheduled and will receive samples for purposes of that review.